What Matt Cutt’s Penguin 2.1 AND 5 includes and where it will attack majorly?
We all know about Penguin; however, still are we are wondering that what does Penguin 2.1 AND 5 is including. This latest update was introducing by Google’s Distinguished Engineer Matt Cutts on 4th October 2013.
The first Penguin was introduced in 2012 on April 24. This algorithmic penalty targets ranking exaggerated by way of unnatural links. So, in this case to take closer look for your unnatural removal is essential to recovery from this update’s penalty.
Have a look for some series of Penguin:
Year of 2012:
Penguin 1.0: April 24 (affected about 3.1% of queries)
Penguin 1.2: May 26 (affected about less than 0.1%)
Penguin 1.3: Oct. 5 (affected about 0.3% of queries)
Year of 2013:
Penguin 2.0: May 22 (affected about 2.3% of queries)
Penguin 2.1: Oct. 4 (affected about 1% of queries)
What is the role of Penguin? and What Penguin 2.1 AND 5 includes?
This update is specifically designed to target inner-pages’ unnatural link building. It is the fact that till now we are focusing on link building as SEO point of view. However, on initial step this penguin was designed to target unnatural link building for home page; however, with Penguin 5 now inner pages’ link building are more essential to take look. Over optimization of keyword for link building for inner page is in base of this released update.
Over optimized keyword based anchor text linking is the main entrance of Penguin 2.1.
If you have done following activities then your site will surely get affected by this update:
- Author bio with highly targeted keyword anchor text
- Social media profile creation with targeted keyword’s name
- Keyword title based story submission
- Keyword title oriented directory submission
- Dealing with link-wheel for highly optimized keywords
- Forum posting with unnatural keyword
- Keyword oriented Blog commenting
Actually, we can say that there is one aim of releasing this update after announcement of Hummingbird update. Hummingbird will rolled out properly if Penguin 2.1 AND 5 removed all unnatural linking. Then only aim of Hummingbird will be achieved for some search result based on the real meaning of queries instead of just keyword based unnatural results.
What to do to overcome from this update:
- Do brand promotion instead of doing keyword promotion
- Make a sheet of unnatural links and start to removal it manually by submitting request via Google Webmaster
- For all links which are not able to remove manually, use disavow too for those links.
- Start to focus on some content marketing in a way that improve your brand on online platform
- Instead of focusing on quantity of link building focus on qualitative link building
- Try out three tire link building tactics
- If you can edit your social bookmarking profile then update existing title from keyword optimized to sentence based title
Being webmaster it is our duty to keep ourselves always ready to fight with any update released from Google. In real way if we want to stand out in this competitive online market then to follow all solutions reveled for Google’s released updates.
We are the foremost platform for delivering best IT sector service to its global based clients. We stand with qualified as well as skilled teams for SEM, PPC, SERM, Web Development, etc. We are here for sharing our best up to the date knowledge for intent marketing tactics.