Matt Cutts announced rolled out of Penguin 2.1 (5.0) – how to recover from it ?
“What exact this update will cover, how to confirm your website is affected or not and how to get recover from it?”
Today by 5th October 2013 Google’s Distinguished Engineer Matt Cutts announced the launch of Google Penguin 2.1. and this is the fifth Penguin-related launch so called as Penguin 5.
If we talk about Penguin update then the first it was release in April 2013 and then after Penguin 2.0 or say which was officially rolled out by May 22 2013. So, this is the first update after May 2013 and all are curious to know about it am I right?
The head of Google’s web spam team, Matt Cutts, shared the news on Twitter, saying the latest release would impact about 1 percent of all searches:
For what purpose behind for being Penguin 5 algorithm goes live and who will get affect?
- 2.3 percent of English-U.S. queries will get affect by this rolled out and it is not just any refresh but it’s an updated algorithm.
- Penguin 2.0 was concern to only home page; however, this Penguin 2.1 is designed for much deeper pages.
- Actually, it is affect in certain small areas.
Both Penguin 2.0 and 2.1 updates are targeted over-optimization of anchor text pointing back to your website. Moreover, this Google Penguin 2.1 update rolled out to target deeper pages of website for linking respect.
Truly, the main sufferers here for Penguin 2.1 are the websites that appear to be spam links for home page as well as inner pages. All website which have backlinks all in the incorrect locations that do not are part of their market or are themselves junk hyperlinks, and do not have enough appropriate content to back up their backlinks.
Basically Penguin 2.1 is designed for not home page but related to all inner pages:
– Low quality back links
– Overly-optimized keywords for anchor text
– Links from poor quality sites
– Paid links
Actually, the first Penguin 2.0 was rolled out for web spam which has affected only ~1% of searches to a noticeable degree.
How to decide your website under Penguin 5 or not?
We would like to inform you that Penguin is an automated process so to know that your website is affected by this update you have to start to keep watch on your keyword ranking as well as traffic factors for your website (tomorrow and today).
If you noticed that is there any drop in traffic as well as ranking then sorry to say but your site is affected by this update and you need to take some hurry steps to recover from it because if you late to do this then there lots chances for losing your online reputation.
If your website is affected by this Penguin 5 then what to do to get recover?
Google Penguin 5 recovery is not impossible; however, it is going to take time.
- In the first step you need to check your website for the “unnatural” links Google warned you about.
- You should start to deal with only good, relevant links on a trustworthy source website. i.e. links of superior Press Releases and some niche bogs. We all know that backlink is playing key role for online marketing; however, now having consistent and pertinent back links is crucial in order to raise the ranking of websites in web search results.
- Always, prefer to use unique content on your website as well as link building process of your home page and inner pages.
- Avoid using your target keyword in anchor text.
- Disavow bad links or manually by webmaster then start to deal with building a better link campaign
- Stop to over emphasize your website with advertisements everywhere
- Make your internal linking structure strong
- Start to use name, brand name or naked URL of your target page.
In conclusion we would like to say that this Penguin 2.1 isn’t something to be too worried about if your site is built on quality content, organic backlinks and social sharing for both home page and inner pages. SEO is somewhat that will be an ongoing process for any business looking to stay in front of the search rankings and for this to be prepare websites for online marketing that supports all Google algorithm is vital.
We BRTechnosoft is an Online internet marketing organization with an aim to create extensive solutions that provide results for our customers and integrating organizations. We provide our solutions to numerous organizations which range from small companies with a local interest to businesses with a nationwide or international reach